Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Brideshead Revisited (2008)

I didn't think I had seen any of the PBS series, but for some reason the character of the younger sister, Cordelia, seemed familiar to me. Maybe I had seen part of an episode or perhaps I mixed her up with the younger sister in High Society and The Philadelphia Story, a much nicer love triangle.

This version delivered all I expected in terms of costumes, and oh, those locations: the sumptuous cruise ship, the estate of Brideshead, the dark London flat, the streets of Morocco; almost as good as those in Atonement. I will see anything with Emma Thompson in it (well, except Nanny McPhee--maybe someday on netflix) and she was brilliant as always. Matthew Goode (from Match Point) was wonderful as Charles Ryder and all the acting was first rate. I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment