Thursday, June 15, 2023

Acidman (2022)

Jack and I quite liked this drama about an adult daughter reconnecting with her reclusive father in the wilds of Oregon where he obsesses over UFOs. Thomas Haden Church is reliably wonderful as Lloyd and Dianna Agron is good as his daughter Maggie.

Director/co-writer Alex Lehmann and co-writer Chris Dowling give us a languid family drama with a bit of sci-fi. I think I liked the music (we saw it five weeks ago) by Christopher French, but I can't find it to stream online––it didn't help my search that there is a music group called Acidman––and only one song is listed on imdb.

Church was last blogged for The Peanut Butter Falcon and Agron for Shiva Baby. This is Lehmann's sixth feature, Dowling's tenth, and French's eighth.

Rotten Tomatoes' critics and audiences are fairly neutral, averaging 75 and 79%, respectively. We rented it May 10 on iTunes/Apple TV and it's also available to rent on Prime and Vudu.

No comments:

Post a Comment