Monday, December 28, 2015

Heart of a Dog (2015)

This non-linear piece directed and written by performance artist/musician Laurie Anderson is a dreamy homage to her beloved canine. As my friend Sally might say, I could listen to her (Anderson) read the phone book. The movie was shot on Anderson's iPhone and "other small digital devices."

From this amazon link you can stream samples of the 27 tracks on the album, which may be the only release, i.e. no DVD planned, from the movie. Then you can see if you agree with me about her voice. She appeared at our university last year with the Kronos Quartet and I was lucky enough to meet her afterwards. Here's a biography.

Rotten Tomatoes' critics' rhapsodic 98% is part of what drove me to choose this one two weeks ago, their 67% from audiences notwithstanding. Maybe one day you can stream it if you're not lucky enough to find it at one of these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment