Saturday, December 19, 2009

2009 awards season

The awards are coming in fast and furious (but no sequels for F&F this year) (I think). I have an ongoing list of awards and nominations, sorted by movie title. It is obsessive and compulsive, but orderly. I've posted it on my alternate blog, the babetteflixlist, with live links to my posts about the ones I have seen. You will see that this list is incomplete. Obsessive, check. Compulsive, maybe not so much. I will be adding more when I can.

So far the frontrunners are Crazy Heart, An Education, Hurt Locker, Nine, Precious, A Serious Man, and Up in the Air. Some of the other ones sound very interesting to me and I hope to see Amreeka, Broken Embraces, The Last Station, The Maid, The Messenger, A Prophet, Red Cliff, Séraphine, A Single Man, Three Monkeys, White Ribbon, and Zero Bridge. Sorry, Clay, don't think I'll subject myself to the agony of Antichrist, though I was looking forward to linking some really scathing reviews we found in Philadelphia. I'll give you this one here.

Bookmark the list and check back from time to time. I will do my best to update it. I have positioned it after the alphabetical list. And, around the Oscars, I'll move it to this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment