Sunday, October 26, 2008

Evan Almighty (2007)

While riding the stationary bike yesterday I saw the last 20 minutes of this movie about a modern-day Noah. It contained my favorite part: the flood. My second favorite part was the cast and crew dancing during the closing credits (including in front of the blue screens used for special effects). My third favorite part was when God (Morgan Freeman) shows Evan (Steve Carell) how the valley used to look before it was populated. But I remember enjoying all of this movie as well as its prequel, People's Choice Award winner, Bruce Almighty (2003) with Jim Carrey. Sometime last year I saw a documentary on TV about how the makers of Evan Almighty (at $175 million the most expensive comedy ever at that time--I don't know if there is a new winner now) strove to reduce its carbon footprint by planting trees, recycling wood from sets, and more. So now I like it even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment