Director/co-writer Park Chan-Wook is much revered for his previous work but I've watched only one (see below). The script was co-written by Lee Kyoung-mi, Don McKellar, and Jahye Lee, and based on Donald Westlake's 1997 novel The Ax. The movie is dedicated to Costa-Gavras, revered Greek director/writer, who adapted the same novel into The Axe (2005), which I have not seen, but I have seen some of that director's work.
Cho Young-wuk's soundtrack is available for streaming on Apple Music.
Lee Byung-hun was last blogged for The Good, The Bad, The Weird, Park and Cho for Decision to Leave, and McKellar for Blindness. Son is new to me but not to the business. Lee Kyoung-mi has co-written two other features with Park, both directed by her. Jahye Lee co-wrote one other feature, also co-written by Park, but not directed by either one.
Lee Byung-hun was last blogged for The Good, The Bad, The Weird, Park and Cho for Decision to Leave, and McKellar for Blindness. Son is new to me but not to the business. Lee Kyoung-mi has co-written two other features with Park, both directed by her. Jahye Lee co-wrote one other feature, also co-written by Park, but not directed by either one.
Rotten Tomatoes' critics and audiences enthusiastically choose this, averaging 97 and 93%, respectively. I downloaded it from Hulu and watched it on a long plane ride on July 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment