Monday, January 16, 2023

Tangled (2010)

I'm pretty sure I saw this animated musical retelling of Rapunzel in 2010 when it was new and loved it, I think, even though in one post I declared I had not seen it at all. Since I just noticed that it was not on the blog I must rectify that error! Mandy Moore sings and voices the lead role, heading up a large and noteworthy cast.

Co-directors are Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, working from a script by Dan Fogelman adapted, of course, from the fairy tale by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm AKA the Brothers Grimm.

The score by Alan Menken, including songs, can be streamed on Apple Music.

Moore was last blogged for Romance & Cigarettes in 2005, Howard for Encanto in 2022, Fogelman for The Guilt Trip in 2012, and Menken for Aladdin in 2019.

Rotten Tomatoes' critics and audiences have smoothed their hair with averages of 89 and 87%, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment