Friday, January 21, 2022

Not to Forget (2021)

To quote Men on Films, hated it! It's badly written and badly acted in a cliché story about redemption of a young man forced to live with his grandmother who has dementia. I had read that it starred Olympia Dukakis and Cloris Leachman. They have cameos at best and, sadly, they both died in 2021––it was the final film for each. George Chakiris also has a bit part, with his hair dyed starkly black and Louis Gossett Jr. plays a kindly pastor.

Tate Dewey and Karen Grassle had me yelling at the TV because of their one-note performances as the smirking guy and his grinning granny. And don't get me started on Kevin Hardesty as the caretaker.

Director/writer Valerio Zanoli has six other features under his belt. I guess experience isn't everything. Really, the best thing about it is the beautiful furniture in the Kentucky mansion where the granny lives. 

Not having watched Little House on the Prairie, I didn't recognize Grassle as the grandmother.

Only four Rotten Tomatoes critics reviewed this (two fresh, two rotten) but its audience average is 71%. 

Jack had to gently talk me out of turning it off. Repeatedly. I regret paying $5 to iTunes on January 4 for this movie whose niche audience, according to Jack, is the filmmakers’ families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment