Sunday, November 27, 2016

My Sister's Keeper (2009)

I saw this when it was new and I know I liked it. It's about a girl conceived in order to save her dying sibling. Starring Abigail Breslin as the younger sister, Cameron Diaz and Jason Patric as the parents, and Sofia Vassilieva as the sick one. Breslin was last blogged for Zombieland, Diaz for Annie, and Vassilieva was new to me then and I haven't seen any of her work since. I remember liking Patric in Rush (1991), Sleepers (1996), Your Friends & neighbors (1998), and Narc (2002).

I read the Jodi Picoult book on which this is based and I remember liking that, too. Director Nick Cassavetes (I didn't see The Notebook but really liked Alpha Dog (2006), his fifth feature--this was his sixth, he directed two more and is planning two upcoming ones) adapted the book with Jeremy Leven (co-wrote seven before this and three after).

I just had to put this on the list to satisfy my obsessive-compulsive personality (not disorder) and make a milestone announcement: I thought this made 900 movies summarized (I don't like to say reviewed because I'm usually quite generous) on the blog since I began writing on September 3, 2008. However, I just double-checked the count and apparently I passed 900 five movies ago, so I'm up to 905. Certain Women was #900, but I was in such a bad mood I forgot to add it and others to the count!

When I began writing, I thought I'd go back and write about every movie I had ever seen. That didn't and won't happen. But I got 21 in there that I had seen before that date, so I keep two counts on my index. Another milestone will be coming in a bit.

One more comment. Google/blogger says that in the past month I've had 661 page views here in the USA and over five times that many in France. Bonjour à mes nombreaux amis francais! Apparently I also have readers in Poland, the United Kingdom, Belgium, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, India and Portugal?! I'm honored. Je suis honorée. Jestem zaszczycony. Ik ben vereerd. Ich bin geehrt. मैं सम्मानित किया।. Estou honrado. And thanks to https://www.freetranslation.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment