Friday, September 26, 2008

Choke (2008)

Have I mentioned I watch a lot of TV, too? One of the shows I watch is The New Adventures of Old Christine on CBS, starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus. It's spotty but has plenty of laughs (the episode when Christine starts menopause is priceless, and Wanda Sykes is always first-rate). Clark Gregg is one of those "Oh, THAT guy" actors. He plays Christine's dopey ex-husband. I see on imdb he was in another of my faves, State and Main (2001). Well, he loved the novel Choke by Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club) and went on to write the screenplay adaptation and direct his first feature, in which he plays a small but memorable part (the colonial co-worker/boss who hates the main character the most). OK, folks, this one is sick and twisted. Jack & I both loved it. Sam Rockwell plays a sex addict whose mother (Anjelica Huston) suffers from dementia and is in a private hospital. SERIOUSLY sick and twisted; also nominated for the Sundance Grand Jury Prize earlier this year. And the familiar face in the 12-step meeting? Joel Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment