Monday, September 24, 2018

All I Wish (A Little Something for Your Birthday - 2017)

Even the engaging Sharon Stone can't rise above this fluffy, trite story of a woman trying to find success and love, told one day a year, beginning with her 47th birthday.  This was not a good choice for my transatlantic movie binge last month, although I did watch it to the end.

Stone's (after I covered her in Fading Gigolo, she had a cameo in The Disaster Artist) Senna is beautiful, natch, with free-spirited style and wardrobe to match. Tony Goldwyn (dozens of credits, from Ghost (1990) to 124 episodes of Scandal) is a bit stuffy as Adam. I can't, however, ever complain about Ellen Burstyn (last blogged for Nostalgia), here as Senna's critical mother. And Liza Lapira (first came to my attention in 21 episodes of Huff, and was also good in the movie called 21 (2008), five episodes of Dexter, and Crazy, Stupid Love) is reliable as Senna's best friend.

Director/writer Sharon Walter makes her debut after a number of assistant director jobs, and is one of thirty producers, earning this picture a spot, but not a win, on my Producers Plethora Prize list

I don't remember Chris Horvath's music but have been streaming some of his other work from his website.

The critics of Rotten Tomatoes hated it even more than I did, averaging 15%. Its audiences came in at 48. Sharon Stone worshippers can rent or buy it on iTunes or Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment