Sunday, March 24, 2024

Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (2016)

I forgot to write about this silly movie about brothers who unwittingly bring wild con-women to their sister's destination wedding, but I remember that Jack and I thought it was pretty funny eight years ago. Zac Efron, Adam Devine, Anna Kendrick, and Aubrey Plaza star. The latter two are always good and we're big fans.

Jake Szymanski directs from a script by Andrew Jay Cohen and Brendan O'Brien and the music is by Jeff Cardoni. The internet reminds me that the movie is raunchy.

Efron was blogged (the following year) for The Greatest Showman, Kendrick in 2018 for A Simple Favor, Plaza early last year for Emily the Criminal, and Cohen and O'Brien in 2017 for The House. Devine's many credits include both Pitch Perfect movies and twenty episodes of Modern Family. Szymanski directed all eight episodes of Jury Duty, among other projects and Cardoni's long resume includes scoring 52 (out of 53) episodes of Silicon Valley.

Rotten Tomatoes' critics are at the kids' table with a 39% average, while its audiences leave during the reception at 51. We saw it back then in a bricks and mortar theatre, but now you can rent it.

When I discover I've forgotten to write about something I like to put it in the blog anyway. Just a wee touch of OCD.

No comments:

Post a Comment