Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Rio, I Love You (2014)

This anthology of short films by esteemed directors, writers, and actors on the topic of love is part of the Cities of Love series, and I can't remember how much we liked it, especially after seeing the reviews (below).

I loved the first two--Paris, je t'aime (2006) and New York, I Love You, all created by Emmanuel Benbihy, made the same way with short chapters and big stars in front of and behind the camera.

Yikes. Rotten Tomatoes' critics give it 8% and its audiences 12. We watched this one on Netflix August 2, 2019.

Berlin, I Love You has just dropped on Netflix (critics are hating on it as well) and, according to this wikipedia article, Tbilisi has been made, and we can look forward to Shanghai, Jerusalem, Venice, Delhi, Marseille, and New Orleans. I do look forward to them. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment