Sunday, February 10, 2019

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)

Jack and I took our granddaughters, 3 and 4 years old, to this. They liked it a lot, though the younger one said it was too loud. I was not transfixed, though I laughed here and there and did not see the first one.

Lots of voice talent, led by Chris Pratt (last blogged for Avengers: Infinity War) as Emmett, Elizabeth Banks (most recently in Love & Mercy) as Lucy, Will Arnett (after I wrote about him in The Secret World of Arietty, I've seen him in 35 episodes of Up All Night, nine of 30 Rock, 14 of Flaked which I loved, completed 76 of Arrested Development, and a few Lego movies and videos) reprising his role as Batman, and Tiffany Haddish (first time in these pages was for Girls Trip a year ago) as Whatevra.

Apparently Will Ferrell (last blogged for The House) and young Jadon Sand (new to me) were in a live action segment in the last movie. They're joined this time by even younger Brooklynn Prince (star of The Florida Project) and Maya Rudolph (since My Entire High School Sinking into the Sea I've seen her in all eight episodes of Forever and seven of The Good Place, among her many credits).

Mark Mothersbaugh (most recently in these pages for scoring Brad's Status) composed the original music and the soundtrack can be streamed from the usual outlets, including SpotifyApple Music, and YouTube. Here, too, is a web page with a list and videos of all the songs that are sung.

Rotten Tomatoes' critics and audiences are assembling on the plus side, averaging 84 and 82% respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment