Saturday, December 17, 2016

Sleeping with Other People (2015)

Lightweight but cute, this story of a female philanderer and a male womanizer becoming friends is enjoyable enough. Alison Brie and Jason Sudeikis are charming in the lead roles (she was last blogged for the somewhat similar How To be Single, which came out after this one, and he for Race).

When I researched Other People, this title kept coming up and I realized we had seen it but I'd forgotten to write about it last year. My regular readers know how important to me it is that everything I've seen since beginning the blog in September 2008 is listed here and in the index.

This is the second feature for director/writer Leslye Headland, and she wrote the 2014 remake of About Last Night (I saw only the 1986 original).

A lot of good songs are in the soundtrack but I don't remember the original music.

Though a popular screening at Sundance almost two years ago, the Rotten Tomatoes averages are now only 63% from critics and 56 from audiences. If you're a fan of the stars you might want to watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment