Sunday, January 2, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I (2010)

Christiana has read all the books and seen all the movies. Amy (and I) had not, but she wanted to go so they let me tag along. I had a five word summary all set until I asked Amy her opinion. She loved it. I was bored and had trouble understanding all the words, due to a raggedy print at the multiplex and a sniffling woman sitting right next to me (impelling me to drink a packet of vitamin C immediately on my return home). I had checked my list of nominations and winners before leaving, and was awaiting great cinematography and excellent music. Nope, still bored. Even the juxtaposition of the medieval magical style of dress and set design with modern London didn't perk me up much. My favorite part was the animated sequence about 2 hours into the 2:30 movie, which explained the meaning of "Deathly Hallows." Director David Yates (I quite liked his HBO movie The Girl in the Café (2005)) has assembled a huge cast (with my smart phone lit up inside my purse, I looked up the names of the many distinguished actors collecting paychecks from this penultimate spectacle in the Potter franchise).

You all know I'm too wordy to post a summary of only five words, but if I did, they would be: Better if you're a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment